This material has very good engineering properties and is a general-purpose sealing lip material.
• Nitrile rubber is also known for excellent resistance to petroleum oils, mineral oils, vegetable oils, abrasion, many acids and water.
• Nitrile butadiene rubber has good elongation properties,
• Good to excellent compression set resistance,
• Adequate resilience and tensile strength
• Poor flame and steam resistance.
• Nitrile rubber also tolerates short-term dry running of the sealing lip.
• The permissible operating temperature range of nitrile rubber is –40 to +100 °C (–40 to +210 °F). For brief periods, temperatures of up to 120 °C (250 °F) can be tolerated.
• NBR applications include automotive and aeronautical fuel, hydraulic and oil hoses, seals, and grommets.
• Nitrile butadiene is also used to create oil and gas exploration and recovery parts, molded goods, footwear, printing rollers and cable jacketing.